Saturday, November 8, 2008

Does age matter in a relationship

Okay, let me clarify this first before putting this as one of the Neyism theory!!!
FYI : Neyism is my own theory of perceiving things or rather you call it my principle for life...No offend to others mindset and so does I don't mind you guys adding your beloved comments onto it =) Please don't be shy and do feel free to drop down what you think and I promise that I won't tembak or hard feeling with any of your kind information...

So, shall we sta
rt discussing about this issue as I am so into the mood to crap about this like NOW???Hmm...Lets see :

Does AGE really matter in a relationship?

Well, I do know that some of you guys out there who might be now or had experienced dating a younger guy / girl or an older man / woman...But I bet there is always this particular question that bothers you before you even get hooked on to someone, which in this case, I guess I shall refer it as what we called the get-to-know-each-other-state that concern of the AGE GAP...
Cameron Diaz & Justin Timberlake (9 years gap) -EX LOVER NOW

From time to time, we do wonder whether is age such a factor in relationships? When does younger than me become too young for me and why is an age gap such a difficult thing to bridge? Well, there are many things someone can try to give themselves a better chance of successful date but what if it was all in vain, as apparently, your too young from day one? And why is it always okay for older men to be with younger women YET older women with younger men is frowned upon socially?

Recently, or rather all these while, I kinda keep thinking about this problem as I always have doubt in dating someone younger than me...Saying about years is a definite but MONTHS too!!! Wth but yeah, I am THAT pain-in-the-ass particular about age matter in a relationship cause I know somehow somewhat I will just can't deal with any of their immature thinking and to my opinion, guys are always like 5 to 10 years late in the maturing process (Oh well, I am not saying it physically but I meant it MENTALLY, you pervert)
Asthon Kutcher & Demi Moore (15 years gap) -STILL LOVING

So when you think age is a not a problem for yourself, look at some of the objections you might heard from friends or family like "You cant be with him, he's far too old for you and yada yada yada..." An age gap has seems to be an extremely popular reason for break ups BUT WHY??? And what hope is there for you if you really fall for someone who might be just too old or indeed too young for you? Sad to say it out loud but society is always the answer as its quite traditional for an older man to be with the younger woman but its never been socially accepted for a younger man to date an older woman. AGREE?

Like if for myself, I always found it very enjoying when I have the company of an older and more sophisticated man with better life experiences who might had just lived a little more harder than those silly young immatured guys who do nothing but just mere gaming or partying their entire life out...The comparison between these two categories of men can be seen once they speak out their mind...
Michael Douglas & Catherine Zeta-Jones (25 years gap) - STILL MARRIED

However, the issues are still often to be as diverse as they may come : the older individual in the relationship may feel the need to 'protect' the younger one; thus, feeling wiser than their partner is and this will somehow cause frustration later on both sides. They may feel as though they're not fully connected to their partner because they are lack of understanding towards how the other feels and in bed, they may not have the stamina that their younger partner possesses (Ahem, its a FACT okay!!!)

Well, it is to be said that age is not something that can be changed or caught up with but what I do know can be changed is people's opinions and beliefs. It might not be traditional, by why cant a man and a woman who love each other be together because of what others may think??? Thats a real life pain-in-the-ass fact for any relationship that any of us should start learning to accept it from now on...

Thank you *clap hands la...Do'oh*

13 Gossip:

Ruionkoh said...

gender equality ler.
if girls wana feel protected why cnt guys feel the same way?
its actually a mutual relation. age is just a number. Overrated.

c@nEy said...

[ruionkoh] thats what explain the lately trend of younger guys dating older women...hmm...perhaps you could be right though...

Ee Vonn Tan said...

hi there! I think what matters the most is really the maturity of both sides. and the mind. of coz everyone should follow their heart :) age is not a problem! ^^

c@nEy said...

[ee vonn] well, if the case as such : younger guy/girl with matured thinking and older women/men with immature thinking...that would work the way up i think...

LOL~

Cathy C said...

I am fine with girl dating younger guy/ guy dating older girl..

But when it comes to myself, I just can't really take it though..

But damn sad, tw is younger than me like 1.5months ='( I broke my own principal..

But well,I think it depends on who is that person though..if he can click with u, then it's fine with me...dont u think so too? =)

c@nEy said...

[cathy] yes babe...i got your point =) good that you can put down the principal leh...i die die also canot put down though i really like the person a lot *pat myself*

hmm...this is like at first when u think of others but not yourself, we are cool with everything but when it come to our part and think of it...hmm, it gives u the maybe not that kind of thinking ady...

*hugs*

Josh said...

Age is nothing but a number. Seriously. If both side love each other, age does not really matter that much.

Just like heartless Cathy, who broke her own principle when she's dating my darling OMG who's younger than her.

So when it really comes to love, whatever kind of principle also don't stand in the way. ^_^

Cathy C said...

woi..OMG is same year as me la..just he is dec baby...wtf..lol..
oopss..sorry caney i cursed here...cuz of that heartless josh ^^

c@nEy said...

[Josh] hmm...i seriously get your point but to me it just very hard and when it comes to argument part...i will sure pin point and say that : 'com'on...grow up and be a man!!!'

LOL...or maybe just that my experience is far more than what my age supposed to have and in this way making me very demanding in terms of maturity wise...

aiks...self-praised, self-malufying in public =P ok, lets stop...HAHAHA

[cathy] i know i know...it just months =D

josh ini very heartless now...u go find ur lesbino partner and ber-lesbino with her ok *hugs*

Accyee said...

i really wish it didn't. but it does. even if you don't think so, others do.. if you manage to find someone with the mutual agreement that it doesn't, then that is a gem rite there. but .. too bad, gems rarely exist in this cruel, deceiving and narcissist word.

renaye said...

in my opinion, age gap doesn't matter but not to wide... i have seen my friends who have older partners; some are loving and some have broken up. the only thing that younger partners have to put up with from what i have witnessed is stability. the older partners just want to stick to their old routine life while the younger partners want challenge and new things and such. it's a very challenging relationship.

renaye
http://renaye.nutang.com

lyangcheng said...

Well, wisdom and maturity doesn't always comes with age, and age doesn't always comes with wisdom and maturity

In the end, it all comes down to the LOVE factor doesn't it?

Personally, I wouldn't mind. The age gap musn't be too wide though. 2-5 years max...xD

D-nel said...

Age does matter but in terms of how much the couple choose to affect it - they can control it.

I would say that Compatibility is more important. And i wont really agree in certain points.

Some ppl can be 80 yr old but still behave like a 8 yr old kid...

Everyone is unique - when in a relationship - if both party 'clicks' & they readily accept it - no prob at all.

Just my 2 cents. ^ ^